In case you missed the first post in this series, I decided to give a few meal delivery subscription services, Plated, Hello Fresh, Blue Apron, Home Chef, and Sun Basket a try and see how they worked out, and now I have also added a Sun Basket Review to this series of comparative reviews.
Sun Basket Review – Overview
Here are the basics on what Sun Basket offers:
- Flexible subscriptions, with the option to skip unneeded delivery weeks
- You select the menus you’d like for the week, then they send you the necessary ingredients on a specified day of the week and you prepare the meals using the detailed instructions provided
- 3 meals a week for 2 or 4 people
- Meal plans (default meals sent if you don’t make a selection) include: Chef’s Choice, Vegetarian, Paleo, Gluten Free, or Rise and Shine (2 breakfasts + 2 dinners)
- All-organic, non-GMO ingredients
- Typical cost of $11.49 per person, per meal
The recipes I selected from Sun Basket were:
- Masala-spiced turkey kebabs with cashew chutney
- Quinoa fritters with arugula-strawberry salad
- Roasted salmon with red chermoula and seared endive
Overall Experience with Sun Basket:
Sun Basket offers unique recipes that we haven’t seen from other meal delivery services, and the use of certified organic produce is a plus. However, we did find that while these meals were quick to prepare, they require a bit more experience in the kitchen to execute smoothly.
Interested in trying out one or all of these services?
Try Plated here (no referral discount currently available).
Try Hello Fresh using our referral link, and receive $40 off your first box.
Try Blue Apron here (no referral discount currently available).
Try Home Chef using our referral link, and receive $30 off your first order.
Try Sun Basket using our referral link, and receive 3 free meals.
A quick word about compensation—this is not a paid post, just our experiences that we’d like to share with you. If you use our referral links you will receive a discount, and we receive the same.