In case you missed the first post in this series, I decided to give a few meal delivery subscription services, Plated, Hello Fresh, Blue Apron, and Home Chef a try and see how they worked out.
Here are the basics on what Plated offers:
- Weekly or Bi-Weekly subscriptions, with the option to skip unneeded delivery weeks
- You pick your desired delivery date and select the menus you’d like for the week, then they send you the necessary ingredients and you prepare the meals using the detailed instructions provided
- 3 meals per week for 2 or more people
- Antibiotic and hormone free meat, sustainable seafood, and fresh, seasonal produce
- Typical cost of $12 per “Plate” (a.k.a person), per meal
The recipes I selected from Plated were:
- Lime and Hoisin-Glazed Pacific Cod with Bok Choy Slaw
- Tomato Braised Chicken with Fennel, Olives, and Couscous
- Steak Gyros with Cucumber Yogurt Sauce
Overall Experience with Plated:
As my first try with a meal delivery service, Plated got me totally hooked. The meals were tasty, and recipes that I usually wouldn’t make for us, but we ended up really liking them.
Interested in trying out one or all of these services?
Try Plated using our referral link, and receive 2 free plates with your first order.
Try Hello Fresh using our referral code 37N2H2, and receive $40 off your first box.
Try Blue Apron here (no referral discount currently available).
Try Home Chef using our referral link, and receive $30 off your first order.
A quick word about compensation—this is not a paid post, just our experiences that we’d like to share with you. If you use our referral links you will receive a discount, and we receive the same.