In case you missed the first post in this series, I decided to give a few meal delivery subscription services, Plated, Hello Fresh, Blue Apron, and Home Chef a try and see how they worked out.
Home Chef Overview
Here are the basics on what Home Chef offers:
- Flexible subscriptions, with the option to skip unneeded delivery weeks
- You pick your desired delivery date and select the menus you’d like for the week, then they send you the necessary ingredients and you prepare the meals using the detailed instructions provided
- 2-8 meals per week for 2 or more people
- Chef curated, high quality ingredients
- Typical cost of $9.95 per person, per meal
The recipes I selected from Home Chef were:
- Sous-Vide Baby Back Ribs with Tangy Raisin Slaw and BBQ Sauce
- Raspberry Chipotle BBQ Chicken with Baby Arugula and Onion Salad
- Thai Fish Cakes with Cilantro-Lime Slaw
Overall Experience with Home Chef:
Home Chef offered by far the easiest, lowest-prep recipes of the four services that we tried. Super, super easy. And consistently very, very tasty.
Interested in trying out one or all of these services?
Try Plated using our referral link, and receive 2 free plates with your first order.
Try Hello Fresh using our referral code 37N2H2, and receive $40 off your first box.
Try Blue Apron here (no referral discount currently available).
Try Home Chef using our referral link, and receive $30 off your first order.
A quick word about compensation—this is not a paid post, just our experiences that we’d like to share with you. If you use our referral links you will receive a discount, and we receive the same.