In case you missed the first post in this series, I decided to give a few meal delivery subscription services, Plated, Hello Fresh, Blue Apron, and Home Chef a try and see how they worked out.
Hello Fresh Overview
Here are the basics on what Hello Fresh offers:
- Flexible subscriptions, with the option to skip unneeded delivery weeks
- You pick your desired delivery date and select the menus you’d like for the week, then they send you the necessary ingredients and you prepare the meals using the detailed instructions provided
- 3 meals per week for 2 or more people
- High-quality, farm fresh, sustainable ingredients
- Recipes are reviewed by an in-house dietitian and include nutritional information on the recipe card
- Typical cost of $11.50 per person, per meal ($9.83 per person/per meal for vegetarian box)
The recipes I selected from Hello Fresh were:
- Pan-Fried Shrimp Cakes with Homemade Tartar Sauce
- Chicken Tostadas with Tomato-Avocado Salsa
- BBQ Pork Sliders with Cole Slaw
Overall Experience with Hello Fresh:
As you’ll see in each individual meal post, the theme with Hello Fresh was simplicity. In a GREAT way. These meals were super easy to make, and contained fresh, delicious, simple ingredients.
Interested in trying out one or all of these services?
Try Plated using our referral link, and receive 2 free plates with your first order.
Try Hello Fresh using our referral code 37N2H2, and receive $40 off your first box.
Try Blue Apron here (no referral discount currently available).
Try Home Chef using our referral link, and receive $30 off your first order.
A quick word about compensation—this is not a paid post, just our experiences that we’d like to share with you. If you use our referral links you will receive a discount, and we receive the same.