In case you missed the first post in this series, I decided to give a few meal delivery subscription services, Plated, Hello Fresh, Blue Apron, and Home Chef a try and see how they worked out.
Blue Apron Overview
Here are the basics on what Blue Apron offers:
- Flexible subscriptions, with the option to skip unneeded delivery weeks
- You pick your desired delivery date and select the menus you’d like for the week, then they send you the necessary ingredients and you prepare the meals using the detailed instructions provided
- 3 meals per week for 2 or more people
- Fresh seasonal ingredients and artisanal specialty products
- Typical cost of $9.99 per person, per meal
The recipes I selected from Blue Apron were:
- Chicken and Sage biscuit Pot Pie with Cremini Mushrooms and Purple Top Turnip
- Orange Beef Lo Mein with Gai Lan and Napa Cabbage
- Shrimp Po’ Boy Sandwiches with Butter Lettuce and Apple Salad
Overall Experience with Blue Apron:
Our meals for Blue Apron were really delicious, and all were quick to make. I also loved that the included “artisanal” ingredients but presented them in a down-to-earth, approachable way. For us, this was a great balance of gourmet and family friendly.
Interested in trying out one or all of these services?
Try Plated using our referral link, and receive 2 free plates with your first order.
Try Hello Fresh using our referral code 37N2H2, and receive $40 off your first box.
Try Blue Apron here (no referral discount currently available).
Try Home Chef using our referral link, and receive $30 off your first order.
A quick word about compensation—this is not a paid post, just our experiences that we’d like to share with you. If you use our referral links you will receive a discount, and we receive the same.